Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy at its January 9 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy held its monthly meeting on Wednesday, January 9, 2008.
The Board accepted the following Public Consent Orders for Reinstatement:
- Steven Anthony Simpson, Atlanta, Pharmacy Intern License.
- Billy Martin Sanders, Woodstock, Pharmacist License.
- Denise Kay Burnside, Smyrna, Pharmacist License.
- Franklin Keith Jones, Monroe, Pharmacist License.
- James Mark Cook, Bonaire, Pharmacist License.
The Board also voted to accept the Voluntary Surrender of Pharmacist License from Christopher U. Muomah, Jr. of Mableton.
The Board voted to issue a Public Consent Order for Wal-Mart Pharmacy #10-0494 in Newnan, Georgia. The pharmacy was cited $1,500 and given a public reprimand for filling two prescriptions incorrectly for the same patient.
The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy will hold its next meeting Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 9 a.m. at the Mercer University School of Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia.