Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy held its monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 12, 2008.
The Board adopted revisions to the following rules:
- 480-13 Hospital Pharmacy Regulations. Provides definitions for Remote Location, Remote Order Entry, and Remote Order Entry Pharmacist.
- 480-13-.03 Personnel. Provides that the Director of Pharmacy is responsible for the implementation of written policies and the clinical operations and staff protocol of the pharmacy.
- 480-13-.04 Absence of Pharmacist. Amended. Allows for remote order entry under certain conditions.
The Board accepted the following public consent orders:
- Shirley Morris-Adams, Peachtree City: Public reprimand and $500 fine for allowing the pharmacy technician at Southern Crescent Hospital for Specialty Care to access the pharmacy, open the pharmacy and start preparations without the licensed pharmacist present.
- Southern Crescent Hospital for Specialty Care, Riverdale: Public reprimand and $500 fine for allowing the pharmacy technician to access the pharmacy, open the pharmacy and start preparations without the licensed pharmacist present.
- Nader Afif El-Kareh, Buford: Suspended license for admitting to an arrest for possession of Hydrocodonem Alpraxolam and diet pills not in the original containers and not labeled in accordance with Georgia law.
The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy will hold its next meeting Tuesday, April 15 and Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division in Macon, Georgia.